Call us 1800 805 870

  • Close toAirport
  • FreeKitchen
  • FreeWiFi
  • facebook
  • youtube
  • skype

Tips on How to get your 2nd Year Visa in Australia.

 If you are looking to get your 2nd Year Working holiday Visa for Australia, we have put together some tips for you.  You will need to complete and log about 3 months of regional work. Many people think this is limited to fruit picking and farm work, but did you know you have many other options of industries in which to complete your regional work?

Australia is a big and wonderful country. You may decide a one year working holiday visa isn’t long enough for your backpacking adventures. If you decide to extend your visa for a second year you will have to log about 3 months  (88 days) of regional work. You must complete the work in an area that is considered a rural area.  There is a list of Postcodes that are considered rural and your work must take place within these postcodes (there is a lot of them!) You may find yourself in a part of Australia you didn’t know about or hadn’t thought of visiting. So take advantage of this opportunity and chose a place you are interesting in living for a few months.

There are many industries to chose from and contrary to popular belief they go beyond just farm work. These industries include: Plant and animal cultivation, farming, fishing and curling, construction and mining. You may find yourself learning new skills that you can take with you and use when you return home. The list of industries as well as the designated post codes from the Department of Immigration and Border Control are listed below. If you have any other questions about obtaining a second year working holiday visa feel free to contact the friendly and helpful staff at the Jolly Swagman Backpackers. We would love to help guide you on this journey so that you can continue your adventures backpacking in Sydney and beyond!




*Please note that all the content in this article and video is correct at the time of filming.  Details may change at ANY time and are out of the control of the Jolly Swagman Backpackers.  Please make sure you keep up with any changes by visiting the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection website or by visiting their office during normal business hours.