Jolly Swagman Backpackers Sydney Hostel Pick up
Jolly Swagman Backpackers Sydney Hostels guests can receive a FREE Airport pick up as part of the service. This service is operated by a shuttle bus company called AIRBUS or KST AIRPORTER.
Please note that the transfer service is provided by a shuttle bus company called Airbus Sydney Shuttles, not the Jolly Swagman Backpackers.
You must follow these instructions carefully to ensure a timely pick up and that you don’t end up paying for your transfer to the Jolly Swagman Backpackers. Please be aware of people trying to “trick you” at the Airport. If in any doubt, call the Jolly Swagman Reception for clarification.
There are a few rules and steps that need to be followed so that the pick up service runs smoothly, and you are not left waiting at the airport.
Here are the conditions for the airport pick up:
- You must book to stay at the Jolly Swagman Backpackers for a minimum of 2 nights.
- The shuttle bus Pick up service is available between 5am and 8.30pm (outside these times you must make your own way to the hostel – there will be other private shuttle buses, taxis and trains operating). If you qualify for the FREE pickup be aware that you DO NOT PAY THE DRIVER! They will drop you off and we organise the payment to the driver directly. We do not refund reciepts, no matter what any driver may tell you.
- On arrival to the airport you must CALL the Shuttle Bus company to let them know you have arrived.
- If you have any problem with the pick up you can call the Jolly Swagman reception and we will do our best to assist you.
Click on the links below for more information on the different terminal pickup procedures.
- You must then make your way to the designated meeting point. There is a different meeting location for each terminal of the airport.
There are strict rules enforced at the airport for shuttle drivers which means they can only enter and meet people at these very specific locations. You must be very careful to go to the right place, and try to avoid the temptation to go shopping, etc as the driver can’t go looking for you if you are not in the correct location!! (If you do want to go shopping or sit down and have a drink before being picked up – no problem – just call them when you are ready to go.)
IF you have any problems to find the location or don’t get picked up in time – try asking an airport employee for assistance, or call the shuttle company once again (or you can call us at the Jolly Swagman) so that the problem can be resolved.