A huge part of enjoying your holiday means having some cash to do so! As part of our service, we like to help all our guests find employment in Sydney.
On a practical level this means:
- Posting current jobs on our job board
- Helping you apply for a tax file number
- Helping you open a bank account
- We are actively searching jobs and posting on our exclusive jobs page, which all current guests can join
- Putting you in contact with recruitment agencies who we have good relationships with
- Hooking you up with an Australian mobile phone
- Assisting you with any required training courses.
- Exclusive guests only Facebook group to help you get work!
Our aim is to ensure that when you stay with us you make new friends, forge lasting relationships and never run out of fun things to do!
To make every guest feel part of the JS family, we run a packed entertainment schedule every week. For instance, every Tuesday night you can take part in the world famous Jolly Swagman Pizza night, which nearly always ends with people happily banging out karaoke tunes till the sun comes up.
And remember, for something a little more chill out, there’s always our communal TV room and DVD library, free Wi-Fi and an X-Box 360 for the gamers among us!
Of course there are so many amazing spots to visit close to Sydney, like The Blue Mountains, Jervis Bay and Seal Rocks. But Australia is also a vast country and has so many must-see locations and attractions. To make sure you get the most out of our rich and vibrant country, we offer a specialist travel advice service that makes it easy for JS guests to plan their trip, with expert advice and special travel discounts.
And the best thing is, you only have to roll out of bed and you’re there!